There is a psychophysiological self-regulation service, i.e. “Bio-feedback” cabinet operating at “AYG” center for psychological services, where modern equipment allow addressing different psychophysiological disorders and psychological problems, as well as organizing active neurorecovery process after a number of diseases.
Bio-feedback therapy or bio-feedback procedures follow the principle of “physiological mirror” enabling to quite literally see and hear the changes of one’s own physiological state. Crucial role in this process takes the self-management principle. The person becomes the active participant of his/her recovery process that leads to revealing and demonstrating of hidden reserves of the organism. He/she learns to consciously manage the feelings, pulse, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration, as well as achieve higher relaxation level, relieve pain, increase work efficiency and, as a result, improve the life.
Bio-feedback method, as an extra non-medical therapy, is applied in the following cases leading to considerable reduction of medicaments:
- migraine, tension headaches, pain syndromes
- sleep disturbances
- neurotic disorders, neurosis
- chronic obstructive disorders of respiratory system
- bronchial asthma
- peripheral angiospasm, Raynaud’s syndrome
- transient cerebral circulatory disorders
- correction of the effects of brain injuries, etc.
The correction of clinical disorders is realized under the permission and supervision of the doctor in charge.
The combined application of bio-feedback procedures increases the efficiency of psychotherapy in the following cases:
- stress disorders, post-stress disorders, chronic stress
- fears, alarm states, obsessions
- dysthymia (mild but long-term depression)
- chronic fatigue
- attention deficit disorder, learning difficulties among children and adolescents, etc.
The application of bio-feedback method is a training procedure lasting 10-17 meetings depending on person’s motivation, perception level and severity of symptoms. Each procedure lasts for 30-40 minutes depending on the therapeutic course chosen.
Bio-feedback trainings have certain contra-indications such as the acute phase of physiological and infection diseases, epilepsy, acute psychosis episode and mental retardation. Also, there are specific contra-indication for certain procedures.
The following specialists apply “Bio-feedback” methods at “AYG” center for psychological services:
|Sergey Khasabyan||Anna Stepanyan||Gayane Gusikyan||Armine Hayrapetyan|
To schedule a meeting with each center specialist, in advance registration with specified date and time is needed. You may register by:
- Dialing to the following phone numbers: 010 58 18 14, 077 58 18 14, 096 58 18 14;
- Submit an application form under the section “Register for a counseling” of the following web–site www.hogeban.am
- Send a message to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit “AYG” center for psychological services at the following address: 40, Mashtots Ave.
If you do not know what specialist to apply for, generally describe your problem to our center staff or present it in an e-mail and we will guide you to a respective specialist dealing with a given problem.
“AYG” center for psychological services operates every day (excluding Sunday) with the following working hours: 10:00 – 21:00.